Last Updated: 5/29/2018
At SentriLock, LLC, we appreciate your use of our lockboxes, websites, mobile applications, and our other products and services (collectively known as the “Products and Services”, or each individually, a “Product” or a “Service”). SentriLock, LLC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
From time to time we collect, retain and utilize Personal Information about you to make the products and services effective and available to other subscribers to the products and services we provide. The term "Personal Information" means personally identifiable information that we may obtain about you, including but not limited to your name, age, gender, postal address, email address, phone number, brokerage, company and other information pertinent to our services. We recognize and respect your privacy concerns about this information. We obtain Personal Information in a variety of ways (for example, when you register for our product and service or when you contact us directly by email, from properties you visit, show interest in, from your other transactions or experiences with us, or from other third parties). Also, when you use the Products and Services, we collect information that might or might not identify you for purposes of measuring the use of the Products and Services and improving its content, as described below.
Information We Collect or Store as You Access and Use the Products and Services
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Products and Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Products and Services ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone (a "Device") whenever you visit or interact with our Products and Services. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. To the extent that we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
- • your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Products and Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- • your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information);
- • the URL that referred you to our Products and Services;
- • the areas within our Products and Services that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences; your Device location;
- • your Device characteristics; and
- • certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various developed methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information ("Tracking Technologies"). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- • Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Products and Services. Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your Device, some parts of our Products and Services may not function properly, and that when you revisit our Products and Services your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- • Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included in our Products and Services pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Products and Services, to monitor how users navigate the Products and Services, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- • Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Products and Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- • ETag, or entity tag. An ETag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner, ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks cookies. We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes to determine system usage patterns, technical support, analytics and system security.
- • Targeting Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our Products and Services and third party Products and Services based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that have been delivered to you.
- • Location Data. Certain SentriLock products require the use of location data to operate properly. If you enable location Products and Services on your mobile device, SentriLock, LLC may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information. During use of SentriLock products, your location data will be stored and monitoring may continue for a period of time to ascertain your proximity to one of SentriLock’s products.
- • Usage logs. We collect information about your use of our Products and Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Products and Services. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Products and Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
- • Calls and text messages. Calls between you and SentriLock, LLC may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. You will be notified at the beginning of a call if it may be recorded or monitored. Your caller ID information will be stored in SentriLock’s system to provide faster customer service and to send you text messages that you opt into.
How SentriLock, LLC Uses Your Information
Except as indicated within this Policy, we will not sell, rent or transfer your Personal Information to or otherwise share your Personal Information with third parties. We may share or transfer your Personal Information as directed to do so by you. We may share Personal Information with existing or future third-party partners, such as, which manufactures the products with which SentriLock’s services are utilized, for product support or marketing reasons. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and data security practices of these third parties.
We may otherwise transfer Personal Information or Usage Information to third-party vendors who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the information was originally collected, or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third-party vendor may have access to your Personal Information or Usage Information in order to support our information technology or help obtain, compile and manage the information for us or process payments.
We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Products and Services, such as hosting the Products and Services, designing and/or operating the Products and Services features, tracking the Products and Services activities and analytics, and enabling us to send you special offers about our products or services and our partners products or services, or enabling us to perform other administrative services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
We may also compile and provide to third parties aggregated information, i.e., compiled information that does not in itself identify you, for research, product development, analytics products and benchmarking purposes.
SentriLock also works to comply with all local or government regulations relating to the use and disclosure of personally identifiable information based on the country of origin of the information or the locale of the person for which the information is relevant.
Retention of Data
SentriLock’s normal data retention period for personally identifiable information is the active use of SentriLock’s products or 36 months once activity ceases. Certain types of information in certain SentriLock products will be retained for greater periods of time where local regulations or laws require it.
Security and Retention of Information
SentriLock, LLC takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest. However, no transmission of information via the Internet nor electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security.
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to SentriLock, LLC in your account profile by logging into your account on the relevant SentriLock, LLC Service. We may maintain a copy of the original version of your information in our records.
Links to Other Web Products and Services
You should know that while visiting the Products and Services, you can be directed, through links, to other web Products and Services that are beyond our control. SentriLock is not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of such linked web Products and Services.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have established procedures to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner. If you have any reason to believe that Personal Information about you that is stored and maintained by us is incorrect, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of Personal Information
We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of your Personal Information in our databases and to protect the privacy and security of our databases and the information we collect. Any Personal Information that you provide to us will be stored on our or our third-party provider’s computer network servers. We and our vendors maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information. The security measures in place for the Products and Services and its servers aim to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide to us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the security of your information, please email us at email@example.com.
In the event that SentriLock goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information or Usage Information might be among the assets transferred. You will not be notified in advance of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, so you should review it each time you access the Products and Services. If we change this Policy, we will post on SentriLock’s web site the revised Policy on the Products and Services.
The Products and Services are a general audience website and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by U.S. law. We will delete any personal information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Personal Information to the United States
Government and Private Party Information Requests
SentriLock, LLC occasionally receives various forms of legal process from government agencies requesting information about SentriLock, LLC users and their use of SentriLock products. SentriLock will only comply with such requests if presented with a court order from a court of competent jurisdiction to produce such information and SentriLock’s legal representatives determine such requests are legal and enforceable.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact us at: Privacy Officer, SentriLock, LLC, 7701 Service Center Drive, West Chester, OH 45069, or by e-mail: email@example.com.